- Don't be racist, sexist or homophobic. Don't swear, since there's simply no need.
- Don't post OR link to anything pornographic, disgusting, gory, or illegal (including illegal file sharing).
- Don't spam: no excessive posting, repeated self-promotion, or paid referral links.
People who break these rules can be banned permanently. Less seriously, there are some general guidelines for being a decent human being that you're probably already aware of. We have to ban people if they break these repeatedly.
- Don't be intentionally rude. We've met a lot of Contessa Corner readers, and they're all lovely in real life. It's really easy to sound like more of a jerk than you are when you're on a forum - take it easy, be nice, and you'll find that everyone's generally pretty cool.
- "Meh" is not a valid sentence. If you don't care, don't reply. Contribute value.
- If you disagree with someone, say why. If you agree with someone, say why. If you like or dislike something, say why. If you can't be bothered to say why, that's fine, just move on.
Most people most of the time do most of this without thinking, and it's all neatly encapsulated in our golden rule:
Don't be a jerk.
Welcome to The Contessa Corner!