Topic: Well, I am boatless

Hello Contessa folks,

Once again I find myself boatless. Due to circumstances beyond my control, my Alberg 29 has been sold.

I will be considering my options and will keep you guys informed.

Thanks, and keep up the posting!

Adrian.

Re: Well, I am boatless

I am sorry to hear this news.  If there is anything I can do to help you out, please get a hold of me.  Lake Ontario will not be the same without you and your family on it.  jklee

I'm sure that it's only temporary.  You're welcome to sail with me anytime.  Hang in there!  I know that it's been that kind of year.

J.

Thanks guys! Like I said, I am weighing options. It looks like I will be getting a smaller boat, if I get one at all. I guess we'll have to see.

The market for Contessas is a bit hot right now, so I am not sure if I can afford one. I've been looking at Alberg 22s for day sailing.

Ah well. We shall see.

Hang in there Adrian

Thing will workout when you least expect it... remember you get what you pay for... but you already know that...
I'm confident that you will be in the water next spring. and like jose said... you're welcome aboard any time.

jose

Hey that is too bad.  As you know, the Alberg 22 is a good boat, my dad was really torn between buying that and the Contessa 26.

Also, please let me know if you are up Kingston way, more than happy to go out for a sail.

Cheers.

ivanross Morava #266

PS we should all think about doing the lake Ontario Rendezvous for next summer.

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

Yeah, we should talk about it.  I know I said I'd make it there this year, Ivan but it's been that kind of year for me as well.  My dad was rather ill during the summer which meant staying close to home base.  He passed away early last month so it's been rather sombre lately.  In short, I'm like Adrian, I would imagine,  in seeing this year end and perhaps start a better one which of course includes plans to go up towards the Thousand Islands.  I met this guy who just bought a 28' Kirie from Montreal and decided to drydock his boat in Hamilton for the winter but we decided to go to the Thousand Islands in the late spring early summer with me in Tessa and him in his Kirie.  I'll consider the trip as practice as I'll probably do it a few times this summer to make up for the last couple.  Let's set some dates and proceed to make it a reality.  Adrian, you're more than welcome to crew with me.  Bring some Sleeman's! ;-)

José

Hi Adrian!  My sympathies... 

Christopher

Boat show in Toronto is only a month and a bit away, isn't it? We should arrange to meet up?

I'm game... count me in...

Jose

Hey JCfoto - no worries about the Ontario meeting - that is the ideal thing about being a sailor - we go where the wind goes ;-).

Also, really sorry to hear about your dad - my condolences to you and your family.

I am up for the TO Boat show, perhaps we can discuss future sailing plans then.

All the best.

ivanross "Morava" #266

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

Hello Ivan

Thanks for the words of sympathy.  I truly appreciate it. 

With regards to the boat show, I'm definitely in.  Last year's meeting was a blast so let's do it again and hopefully, more of us will be there.  One suggestion, however.  Either post a pic with your rsvp or look at last year's group pic (Motley Crew in the Gallery section) to zone in on who's going to be there so we could actually "meet" this time.  I know that Stefan last year didn't know who anybody which posed some  problems.  Again non-boat owners are welcome so that means you can actually come, Adrian! ;-)) Also, ladies don't be shy!  Same spot as last year?  Let's decide and we'll clarify it for the rest who would like to join us this year.

José

Count me in for the boat show get-together.  I was disappointed that I missed last year, and this year I even have a boat!  I'll be watching for the details on the meeting spot etc.  Suzeh.

yeah i'll  be there too.  maybe i'll find everyone this time....

Awesome. I am looking forward to seeing you guys. I doubt I'll have a boat by then, but its always fun to go to the boatshow.

Beer's on someone else this year!

I'll add a thread at the top of this forum.