Topic: JJTaylor Contessa 26 & European certification conformity

Hi,

I'm looking for a Contessa 26 (JJTaylor), and I'm wondering how to get a European certification, as I want to come back in Europe wich such boat.

The Contessa are build under the LLoyd Spec (A1 or A100 ?), so I assume that it will not be difficult to get such conformity paper. I will try to get more information from the European authorities, but any previous similar experience is welcome.

Thanks for your response.

Regards,
Aurelien.

Re: JJTaylor Contessa 26 & European certification conformity

Any idea ?
Aurelien.

Aurelien

Try getting a hold of "ushuaia" a member of this site... he is in the Azores and he had to deal with that sort of issue, when he bought his Contessa ... maybe he can help.

jose

Hi Jose,
Ok, I'll try to contact "Ushuaia" member for that. Thanks a lot, and I hope to be a proud owner of a CO26 wink
Regards,
Aurelien.

Hello all,

With Jose and people of the RYA in U.K., we've taken a look to see how I can get a Recreational Craft Directive, in order to go back to France with a JJ Taylor CO26 without any troubles with the French authorities.

Here some extracts of the email I have received from the RYA :

"Basically, any craft being imported which has no CE plate, and is either a new or used product which will be imported for the first time into the EEA, then it will come under the R.C.D. and as such need to have a Post Construction Assessment (PCA)".

In order to have such Post - Construction Assessment certificate, we need the service of a consultant to be in the region (and to pay some fees...). Briefly, it is quiet difficult to import a US or CAN boat in Europe... sad

So, my idea would be to find a J. Rogers CO26 in US, or in Canada, instead of a JJ Taylor one. I don't have found yet such J. Rogers CO26in U.S., but if know someone who want to sale it, let me know smile ! I will be interested for sure.

Thanks,
Regards,
Aurelien.