Topic: Blue Skies in NH for sale $5500

Hi all,
sorry long time no post, I am putting my JJ Taylor Contess Blue Skies up for sale. I will follow soon with all the specs, hopefully on the Contessa 26 marketplace page, but for now, basic details:
1975 JJ Taylor Contessa 26
She's a basic boat, hull and structure seem sound, minor tarp blisters on the hull, Furlex roller furling, jiffy main reefing, Universal M2-12 deisel engine, and for sails: main, genoa & stay -not sure what size. The engine hasn't been started up in several years now - it seems the previous owner said it was 3 years plus the 2 I've owned it, so maybe 5 years or so since engine turned over & winterized.  It is on her stands in a fellows back property just outside Candia, NH and I will have to get his permission for folks to look at her before I give out the exact address (probably in an email to interested parties). I paid $7000 for her in 2006 and paid more $$ in rent and having her moved over the past two years. I am asking $5500 plus whoever buys her will have to arrange to have her moved. I go thru Richards Marine Services in Marblehead, MA (781-639-1622 -may be an old # I'll look for a more updated one) and he charged me $600 to move it from East Kingston to Candia (both NH). The reason its that high is he had to cover fuel prices to & from Marblehead.  if interested you can email me at dustylane2@hotmail.com or ask here on the posts, I will try to get back to you asap. This is hard for me, but I'm sure its never easy to sell one's boat love smile  Just the wrong time in my life to own a boat I guess....
I will post the rest of the specs soon, and photos too- is there a good place I can post for sale photos Adrian? or should I jsut post them on the Gallery? theres about 40 different pictures. Thanks everyone! Dusty

Re: Blue Skies in NH for sale $5500

Hello all,
an update on Blue Skies: I am currently in the process of moving her yet again to a new location, hopefully next week sometime. She will be in Newfields, NH (not far from Candia) and the gentleman (name of Arnold) whose property she will be on will act as agent for me to sell her. Therefore I can write up a bill of sale & sign it, send it to him with all the boat details and he can show the boat for me. I can answer questions direct by email as well. I may only give out the actual address in an email to serious interested parties, who can then contact Arnold and arrange to see the boat (I will ask him about this when the boat gets moved). I will have to up the price to cover the cost of moving her as well as a commision for Arnold, I am thinking $6000 for the boat should cover it all. (I am getting a closer mover than Marblehead so hopefully it will cost less than $600 for the move.) Anyways anyone interested or curious feel free to ask questions on this post, and I will do my best to answer them! Thanks everyone, hope your winter is going well (I hear its warmer up in the Arctic right now than in Kodiak.... wink

Hello Everyone,
well the boat was successfully moved to Newfields, NH!! It cost me $600 and so the boat is for sale for $6000. Anyone interested can call Arnold  at 603-772-3906  Arnold will be selling the boat for me, it is on his property. He said I could give out his phone # as well. He is doing an inventory too, so far he said the sails are in there and a few other things, you can call him to ask about it, or if you want to go take a look at it.
If anyone is just curious and wants to see photos I will be happy to email them to you, just write dustylane2@hotmail.com  and let me know even if you don't want to buy the boat I can email the photos. Its easier to attach them to an email than uploading them to the site.
Well thats it for now, thanks everyone for being there smile  Dusty

BLUE SKIES HAS SOLD March 24, 2009  -to a caring new owner in New Hampshire! So I am currently boat-less. Still tune in to read the forums though- I love to read about boats & contessa 26's in particular! take care all, Dusty

BLUE SKIES HAS SOLD March 24, 2009  -to a caring new owner in New Hampshire! So I am currently boat-less. Still tune in to read the forums though- I love to read about boats & contessa 26's in particular! take care all, Dusty