Topic: Farymann Diesel

Wow, a boat give-away!  I too have a Farymann, but I do have a couple of manuals: one is a photocopy of something ancient, and the other one is a smallish one in German and an attempt at translation into English:  "put furhrufling around then bolt, do not tighten attempting..." etc!  Needless to say, I am still beseeching German relatives to tell me "what the heck is an Anfahrfulling"?! 
Soooo, Kristin, what do you have...could it be mailed?  And if I happen to have what you have, I will in turn give it away to someone else, keeping the generous offer going!
Shannon and her expensive-better-last-forever-rebuilt-$5,000 Farymann!

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Re: Farymann Diesel

Great!  I need your address and will mail it...if you can stand a little mildew along with them.  I have a Yanmar now which I had to order a manual for and it was a travesty to my wallet...do all boat things cost more???  Anyway I'll pass it to you and you can keep free boat thing concept going...who knows what we'll start??

Hey Kristin!  Thank you so much!  I will send you a private e-mail with my office address...that's where I am when I am not at my boat! ;-)
And I indeed will pass on what I have extra of! 
And by the way,no one ever warns new boat owners, but you find out soon enough....boat things cost WAY  more than anything else on the planet!  Like....up to 10 times...it's sometimes good for a laugh!  "Oh sure, I'll get that heater for my boat...heh heh, it's only $2,500....wow!"  And we're supposed to be happy about it when it is finally  in the boat, smoking away, draining our batteries, and setting fire to the bulkhead?!  I'll wear extra clothes for now, thank you very much!
Some things can be interchanged: the RV world is great for certain boat items, but with the salt in the water, air, (and your veins!)  anything not stainless or with a protective coating of somekind: paint, varnish, corrosion inhibitor, etc. it will rust, mold or simply fall apart in no time!  You can sometimes watch it happen: just bring something "normal" from home and leave it on the boat all year...voila, GREEN, soft metal! ;-)  Or, moldy, smelly clothes...or white, slimy wood!! 
Oh, and you should not interchange automobile parts (alternators, etc) for engine or other marine parts in your boat - no matter how tempting the price may be...they are not made the same, and are not ignition protected (IE: fumes in your car simply hit the ground, in your boat they are in the bilge, just waiting for that little spark!)  That would be a very bad thing!
Ok, I rambled on enough about nothing, but you will still LOVE your boat to pieces when she happily charges along while you are deciding:  "should I be scared"?!
Thanks again for the manual!

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

With a bit of research you can sub some automobile or non marine (agriculture, etc) parts.  For instance, all of you out there with Yanmars would LOVE to know what the NAPA filter number is.  Well, NAPA filters are made by Wix, which is one of the best quality filters out there (no paper end caps like Fram, which is why I won't give out the Fram number).  The best kept secret in the world is:  1334.  That's right.  So, depending on where you go, you can get a Wix 51334 or a Napa 21334 (same filter).  The Yanmar filters are probably made by Wix, but I don't have any Yanmar ones, and don't feel like spending the 18 bucks for one just to cut it a apart.

Anyone fit a racor fuel filter to their Farymann:  clear "viewing" area at base, etc...
What does everyone use?! (or, rather,all two or three of you with Farymanns?! ;-)
And...Stefan, thanks for clarifying...yes things like filters and certain other parts can be interchanged...but I know the tempting ones are alternators, and, at least in gasoline powerboats: carbs are the biggies.

I installed a Racor R120 filter/water separator with a spin-on filter (with the 2 micron R-12S filter element) four years ago.  I replace the filter at the beginning of each sailing season (and also keep a spare filter element on board at all times.  Has served me really.

Jobe

Shannon- the manuals are on the way, neighbor!  Do not inhale when opening the envelope...those green things, you know!  Good luck with them...Kristin

if anyone needs an instruction manual and parts list for their Farymann Diesel engine, I have a set to give away...!