Topic: hull layup

center seam running the length of the boat?  probably a "parting line" from where they separated the mold - similar to what you see on plastic injection molded or die cast metal parts. 
-or-
a seam along the hull up and down?  hmmmm......

Re: hull layup

If the hull is laid up in one piece you may still see a parting line on the outside because the mold will probably be a two piece mold. The two pieces of the mold are put together, the gelcoat and glass added and then the two mold pieces separated to allow the boat to be extracted. A two piece mold does not necessarily mean a two piece hull. Some of the gelcoat creeps into the tiny gap between the mold halves or the two do not line up exactly and you get a line on the outside.

I recall smh (Merrill Hall, owner of this site and also a marine surveyor and Contessa owner) said that the lines were from molds...however, yes, we must be careful indeed of what we read, as the article refers to the 32 hull: yes, it was two halves, however, the 26 is a markedly different boat, hull-wise, than the 32, the keel (therefore entire bottom really) being almost totally opposite.  (in my oh so humble opinion and observation, anyways!)

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

does anyone have information regarding construction practices for the jeremy roger's boats?  my 1974 era boat has a center seam which indicates to me the hull was built in two pieces.