Topic: Contessa 26 film

Well, I had been wondering if you were working on this master piece.  Anyway, congraduation on making it.  I will be e-mailing you soon.

Re: Contessa 26 film

So will I. Any chance to see a 'tessa doing something mine hasn't is a chance I will jump at.

CHRIS SAVE ONE FOR ME!  My e-mail program crashed at work, so I will e-mail you from home...then you can tell me how do you want the doubloons sent?!

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Hey Chris!

I've been waiting for this.  I will email you for a copy of it.

Mark Smith

Me too!

I'm looking forward to hearing your comments about the film. The DVD has been shipped to those of you who expressed interest in seeing it and I'm happy that there is an interest in this sort of thing in the first place. People have shown up to my door to get the film and it's very rewarding, actually more rewarding than the abstract stuff I do in my day job (high tech for a telecom giant).It's great to share such an experience with this community and I hope more people will do the same after they're back from the high seas.
For me this is definitely not the end as I'm planning some bigger adventures across the oceans of our little big planet and although I moved on to the bigger sister, the C32, I'll always keep in touch with this community, if allowed. These little boats, if properly set-up and taken care of, are capable inter-continental shuttles that require no more than a gallon of fuel per 5000 miles, mainly to keep the little diesels happy rather than gain distance. One day, these vehicles of the past may become modern prototypes of clean and green transportation :-)

Chris,

Thanks for the DVD ! The pictures and story are excellent ! I highly recommend it for anyone owning a sailboat, especially if she is a Contessa.

Good luck on your future adventures. I am sure you will enjoy on the 32, I had the pleasure of sailing one last fall. I am looking forward to sailing on my 26 for the first time in the spring.

After watching your film, I am envious that I am not closer to the ocean, who knows maybe one day.

Thanks agains.

Thanks, Jim, I'm glad you liked it.
Thanks for the comments.

I also wanted to say after watching your DVD that I was impressed with the filming of your trip.  I will pass to my old Florida boat club (now that I am in Pennsylvania) about this DVD for their sailing classes and their members.  Hopefully soon I will be able sail offshore for more then one day. 

By the way, how did you get the aerial shots of you sailing?  That was a real nice touch to the film.

Thanks again, Chris.

Hi Chris,

What is your home email?  I sent a message to your yahoo account on Jan 23 but didn't receive a response.

Thanks,
Marc

My e-mail address on this forum works well, but I don't know which Mark/Marc you are, as I have replied to a number of Marc/k/s.
I'll need your last name to track the e-mails from that date.
Please send me another e-mail. If it's regarding the film, I'll give you all info you need to receive it.

Hi Chris,

Just resent to your yahoo account.  My last name is Vaillant.

Thanks,
Marc

Hi guys,

'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Sky' is ready for distribution. This is a 1 hour film about a voyage from Halifax to Bermuda and back aboard a Contessa 26. It has great shots of the boat, the ocean, what we went through, good music and some gorgeous images from Bermuda as well. You can also see dolphins, a huge pod of whales on collision course with the Contessa, Charlie the Parrot, a crab and one pretty nymph sunbathing on a rock in Bermuda. We also sailed past and saluted Bluenose, the most famous and the fastest Canadian schooner ever built.
After months of working on the film I sent it to a multimedia company which finaly printed 100 DVDs. Limited edition, so first come first serve.
The price is 25USD shipping included, wherever you are.
Please order on my home e-mail where you'll get further details.

Ahoy Christian! Just made some time to watch your wonderful DVD. Great stuff and the title hits the mark too.  Thanks for the quick turn-around.  Regards, Roland

Have to say it was VERY COOL to see "our" little boat Pilgrim Society literally heading out into the blue yonder!  And seeing her gurgling along and not letting anything bother her much was really neat!  The shot near the end where CT is holding the pole out with the camera...the fine bow entry and her slim profile shows you why she will just keep on going through the tough stuff!  And surprisingly clear and effective camera work, Christian!

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Thank you Shannon, that's actually my favourite shot of the film. Unfortunately, that shot cost 500$ because the camera did eventually submerge and stopped working- the salty Atlantic has no mercy on electronics.
But what the hell, it was worth it, seeing her lines and how gracefully she cuts the bow wave, propelled but nothing but a breath of wind.

Hey Christian!
Love the DVD!  The academy messed up!  'Scuse Me should have won best picture!  Every Contessa 26 owner should have a copy of this video.  Very well done and well worth waiting for.  I am sure you will sell out!  Congratulations!
Mark

Just watched the movie, and I must say it was a lot of fun seeing "my own boat" doing what it does so well on film.

I especially empathized with the scene where Chris is getting back into the boat after having a swim, with no swim ladder.   The huffing an puffing had just begun.  I would hate to see a viddy of myself doing my monkey imitation.

The coolest thing about the project is that Marion had just been sailing for five hours in a lake before going on passage in a small 26 footer from Halifax to  Bermuda.

How did you keep the cam so still? My video from the boat ususally is so shakey it's hard to see. Good job of capturing what it is really like to be "out there".

Thank you Mark and Bluehair for the nice comments. Getting such positive feedback is very rewarding.
Mark, did you really see it 15 times in one week? As far as Hollywood goes, this is not interesting at all: no one dies, there's no shooting, no sex, no betrayal, no heros to save the world from the Great Evil. Just a couple of guys crossing an ocean, listening to music and living with the rhythm of the sea.

Hey Chris! ...I was on a boring business trip.  Fortunately I had just received your DVD and I had my laptop with me.  I did indeed watch it 15 times that week...and I am still not tired of it!  Okay, so nothing blew up and nobody died in the movie, but it sure had plenty of sex in it!  There is notihing better than watching a beautiful Contessa make love to the sea!  Don't you think?  Thanks again for a great flick!....Mark

Christian

Did you get my money order... I'm anxious to look at it...

thanks

Thanks for the DVD Chris, really enjoyed it!

I am curious to hear how the 26 compares to the 32 ,especially after you have a few miles on it.Cheers,Bill.

thanks for the nice comments.
As for the C32, I'll let you know this summer, as I'll be sailing her about a thousand miles from Georgian Bay to Montreal.

Hi Christian

Thanks for the video… it was great… more important thanks for the reality show… no make believe here… and was nice to see that our little boats can truly take it…

Thanks for the quick turn around time… and for the extra video… the second one is much better.

Watched the movie again… and again, and I must say it was a lot of fun seeing "my own boat" doing what it does so well on film.

GREAT VIDEO

Hope to see you this summer… as you travel by Belle River Marina in Lake St. Clair… we're also hoping that if we have a Rendezvous this summer in Bronte Ontario to see everyone there…

Jose Salvador