Topic: Mainsheet traveler mounts for stern of Contessa

I have a pair of welded stainless mounts for a Contessa mainsheet stern-mounted traveler.  These mounts are intended to be placed on the little aft deck of a 1973 Contessa 26 and will elevate the traveler about 6-8" above the aft-deck level. It was custom made some years ago by an excellent welder who worked from engineering-quality plans. They are made from very good quality stainless.  I obtained the plans somewhere around 2003-4 more or less, from a Contessa Forum member who designed them and published them on the Tech Forum. The pictures and drawings of these mounts are no longer on the Forum as far as I can find, nor can I recall the name of the designer.   I never used them since I already had a traveler mounted across the cockpit ... tho I thought it would be nice to not have to step over it, it worked really well and so the job never got done ....I'd rather sail than mess with remodeling. NOTE: THESE ARE ONLY MOUNTS FOR A TRAVELER, NOT THE TRAVELER MECHANISM AND LINES THEMSELVES! And, there are no backing plates included.  Price is $75 for the pair plus shipping.
everard

Re: Mainsheet traveler mounts for stern of Contessa

I am installing a traveller this year and would be interested. Are they suitable for Harken track and are there pics available?

John

.                               ,,,,,
                               (o o)
------------------oOO---(_)---OOo------------------