Topic: Barlow winch diagram and instructions

This may be common knowledge out there already, but I found a website that has an "exploded" diagram of our Barlow #15 and #16 winches as well as instructions on how to take them apart lube them, and put 'em back together again.  Looks like the original manufacturers product guide.  It's at maximalt.dk  It is printer friendly to boot.  It says to inspect and lube them quarterly, more frequently during racing season, which made me laugh 'cause I don't think mine had been touched since they were installed new.

Last year the plastic ring that makes the top flange of the barrel split in two then jumped off one of my #15s (the ones on the coach roof).  Of course, it went straight into the water and was gone.  Fortunately there is a guy at our marina who was a machinist and made me a new set - they're turned out of white nylon plastic.  The other original one was split too, so I took it off and am keeping it as a template in case I have to have another set of new ones made one day.  Why am I telling this tale?  Because it was the only way for me to get new top rims, and it may work for you too if you can find a local machine shop where someone works with plastic.  The secret to getting them on, because they were turned to the exact size of the originals, was to heat them in hot water to expand them, install them, then when they cooled they locked into place on the top of the winch.