Topic: TO Boat Show 2009

Anyone going this year.

I think I am - have not decided if I am going this weekend or next?

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

Re: TO Boat Show 2009

will be there the 9th  staying at the sheraton friday and sat nights - can't beat the deal!

Thanks Adrian - I will stop by that booth, I think I am heading down next weekend.

Cheers

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

I take it all back, I expect I'll be at the boat show next weekend, not this. My son is apparently not working the show until then, so I don't see any reason to go twice smile

I'll be there on the 16th.  I'll look for your son's booth, Adrian.  Suzeh

I'll try to get down on the 16th too. Maybe those of us who are going to be there can meet up down by the indoor lake.

Is there a time to meet... I'm still not sure if we're coming ... but if we do... would like to meet again for a brew.

jose

Well, 16th or 17th, I can make either. 16th is probably better for me, but I have to check with my father. We can definitely meet for a brew. I can and probably will be there all day, since my son is likely working the show.

We can propose a time, I guess around 3pm?

I'll be there on the 16th, probably mostly listening to the seminars.  If anyone else is around I'm up for a brew....seminar listening makes me thirsty.  3:00 sound good.  I noticed on the floorplan there is a little martini glass icon on the bottom right corner of the lake.  Is that where we're meeting?  Sue

I am good for 3:00pm on the 16th in the beer garden by the indoor lake.

Cheers,

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

3:00 in the beer garden by the indoor lake sounds good to me.

Well, Suze and I met up, along with my father. Had some nice sailing talk at a boatshow otherwise largely devoid of much sailing. I am surprised by how few sailboats were there this year.

My apologies guys - I could not find you - I was at Henery's until 3:20 quafing a few beers (right by where the guy was signing). 

Oh well - next year ; -)

I agree, hardley any sailboats or sailing stuff in general - I guess the economy really does bite.

Cheers

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

I would have blamed the economy too, except for the insane number of power boats there. I am beginning to believe that over the next 20 years, we'll see a very large shift to powerboating. There aren't that many new sailboats being made, and as the old ones age beyond usefulness, there will be almost nothing left to sail on. Sort of a sad future, I think.

I agree, could not believe the number of power boats - plus the size of them.  My question is seriously, how can people afford the fuel, even for a weekend????  That has got to be very expensive.

And it is interesting to note, in the Thousand Islands, growing up in the '80,s I remember being at the national parks whereby the sail boats outnumbered the power boats - now when I go down, odds are I am the only sailboat there.

It will be sad if this trend continues.

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

Too bad we missed you ivanross.  Maybe next year. There were some interesting seminars, although they had several last minute changes that were disappointing.

And, yes, in my marina there are about twice as many power boats as sail and I often marvel at how much they must be spending on fuel.  Different strokes..., I guess.  Personally, I dislike that noisy, smelly, banging over the waves.  If/when I get too old to manage the sailboat by myself, maybe I'd try a trawler...but I can't see the attraction of those big, gas-guzzling muscle boats.  Obviously, by the number of them at the show, there are plenty of folks who don't share my opinion.