Topic: New Contessa owner

Hi All,

I am just writing to introduce myself to everyone here as the new owner of #331, Cavendysh.  John (the previous owner) was active on this forum and suggested that I check in here, so here I am!  I am lucky to have bought Cavendysh from such a thoughtful owner--he took good care of the boat and it shows.  I am sorry that he had to cut short the pursuit of this particular dream.   

Cavendysh will be docked in Dunkirk this summer, so despite my screen name I guess I will be doing some not-so-salty cruising this summer.  I am looking forward to getting the boat in the water and looking forward to my first experience on a big lake.  I've been listening intently to all of the good and bad stories...

Hope to see some of you out there. 

Regards,

Barry

#331- Cavendysh
"Fait de ta vie un rêve, et d'un rêve une realité."- Antoine de Saint Exupery

Re: New Contessa owner

Welcome aboard Barry. I got my Contessa on my retirement April 30 of last year. Unlike yours my boat had been somewhat neglected but I managed to have a wonderful time last summer. I spent a lot of time to get to know the boat and the FORUM has helped a lot. I did get rid of a lingering fuel odor thanks to thorough scrubbing and to a suggestion to replace the passive vent by a solar powered fan vent which works day and night...thanks again Christopher. I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of a new set of sails and as I am writing this I have a cloth soaked with Interlux2316 reducer taped to the hull to test for paint compatibility with Interlux Perfection 2 part. If ok I will paint topside before launching. I sail mainly in the Bay des Chaleurs New Brunswick Canada and the lower St-Lawrence Quebec.
Take care and have a good summer. Guy

Puisse le vent gonfler vos voiles et le soleil briller sur vous!

...)))) May the wind fill your sails and the sun shine in your face cool

Saltycruiser,
Are you bringing your boat back to the Bay State?

Welcome Saltycruiser!

"Lolly Jo" #230
C. Paul Carter
Montreal, QC

Hi All,

Thanks for the welcome!

To rbporter:  I am not sure if I will be bringing Cavendysh back to the Bay State.  That was my original plan, but the more time I spend out in Dunkirk, the more I like it.  There is a lot to see on the Lakes, and I am looking forward to sailing on fresh water for a change.  Also, it costs a lot less to keep a boat out there compared to anywhere I have found around MA.  So, it may be a while before I get back out to the east coast with the boat.  No firm plans...

#331- Cavendysh
"Fait de ta vie un rêve, et d'un rêve une realité."- Antoine de Saint Exupery

Welcome Saltycruiser! Hope you get in some good sailing, keep us informed!

Belated Congrats on the new purchase, I have been out of the loop until now...John kept a very nice boat, he looked long and hard for that boat, it had to be perfect, just the way he kept her! ;-)

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

I am newbie in this forum and say hello to all of you

[url=http://www.fullersafety.com/]Safety Training Odessa Texas[/url]