Topic: Rendezvous 2006 - Lake Ontario Edition

Is there any interest in having a Contessa Rendezvous somewhere on Lake Ontario this summer? The cruising season around here is around the corner.

I'm just checking interest at this point.

Re: Rendezvous 2006 - Lake Ontario Edition

Adrian

I'm intrested... just not sure weather I would sail up or not.. but for sure intrested..

Thanks
Jose Salvador
JJT 324

I'd be up for it - motivation to get my butt in gear to finish the boat for this season.  It'd have to be later in the season... Augustish

The Lake Ontario Rendezvous sounds great, if I can find a boat by then, but do remember that Shannon will one one on the west coats of BC.

As soon as Shannon has some details on the West Coast Rendezvous, we'll get it right on the front page of this site, and see if we can't get even more participation!

Jose, I understand. The sail up Lake Erie can be gruelling, and having to do the canal twice (there and back) isn't cheap.

Ok, "mine" out here on the West Coast is the third Weekend of September, Saturday September 16th and Sunday September 17th, 2006. 

It's at Union Steamship Marina on Bowen Island (a popular destination about 8 nm from Vancouver).

I am not sure of events or ???  but am going to get people to participate in something silly and have some travellers speak on where they've been...etc!

It will have Co32s there as well, as we have a rather large contingent of them - and they accused me of being a "Contessa Snob" the first year, as I'd only invited 26s!  I know close to 12 of the 32s right off the top of my head, not counting Christian, ha ha!
However, there are that many or more 26s, so all the 26s in my area HAVE to show up so we won't be outnumbered by the 32s!!! ;-)

Anyone on Your Side is also invited to Our Side!

I will have a flyer in a few months and will send to this site as well!

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Adrian

Why not Saturday September 16th and Sunday September 17th, 2006. 
After all I won't be able to make it out west anyway...
Are you up for it... be glad to give you a hand any way I can...
We should have our own... and there's nothing like the present...
Let me know!

I'll consult with my wife and see what she thinks Jose, but I think those dates sound great.

Any ideas for a venue as of late? I'm excited - it's a date that I actually might be able to make (should be able to make...)

It looks like the 16th and 17th will be the dates. Not sure of venue quite yet, and am open to suggestions. We're in Bronte Outer Harbour, which is a nice marina in a great town. I'd love to have everyone down here. There's a fantastic area of the marina where we could probably get whichever boats came all in one place.

That is so Cool!! 

And one fellow suggested to me we could also all have a video conference that day! ;D

I actually picked that weekend (as in past two years also) as it seems that it does indeed work out schedule-wise: summer holidays are over,  but people can usually still get one day off around then if needed, and also, all marinas are back to some semblance of normal availability!

Good luck, and maybe we'll have a giant flyer advertising all of the CANADIAN CONTESSA RENDEZVOUS'S/ES/IES?!  Take your pick!  (Just how the heck do you spell the plural of Rendezvous?! ;-)

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Shannon... cool idea... I'm sure we could come up with a computer link to a high speed internet connection... and a couple of cameras... that should work... just have to see if there's a hook up at the marina... or maybe get some local computer business that would like to do that for us as a promo.... coooooollll

Hey Group!

Are we still having that rendezvous this weekend (September 16-17) as decided in earlier disussions in this section?  If it's a two day event, I can only make it to the Sunday installment as I have to work the Saturday.  It would be great to meet everybody who's contributed to this forum like stefan_d who might give me some advice about my bilge pump.  Please advise and thanks.

José

To the forum in the Toronto, Canada region and beyond (this includes the USA area down to Pennsylannia at least).  The 2007 Toronto Boat Show is coming up on January 13 or 14th for 9 days (2 weekends).  I was wondering if we like to have a get together at the boat show and/or someplace else close by.  I will most likely wonder that way again this year to look at some venders and see who is giving talks.  It would be great to see other contessa and non-contessa owners to liven up the non-sailing season.  Is there any interest or comments?  We have to figure out where to gather at the boat show and/or place to go as group?  Local people would be great assistance here.  What dates, 1st or 2nd weekend? etc?  We have 10+ weeks until then but it be nice to see if this can sail early.  Please, comments good or bad. jklee

Hey John. I'm game - either w/e is good.  I'll probably be attending the T.O. Boat show again this year (remember, we ran into each other last year in line waiting to get our books autographed by Tania Aebi)  It would be fun to put some more faces to names.  Suzeh.

Hey John

That's a great idea... I would be willing to come up to TO... it would be a good time.

jose

Hi - I too am up for meeting around the time of the Toronto Boat Show.  I was planning on coming down from Ottawa, so more than happy to meet a few Contessa owners.

Ivan Ross
Morava 266

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

In an e-mail with Adrian, who would be happy to come down to the boat show, it looks like we can at least move foreward with the idea.  For some reason, the 2007 Boat Show website is not up 100% on what events are going on during each day.  Still, the boat house area on either Saturday or Sunday or the 1st week(?) could be a starting point for the gathering, though time (noon, mid-afternoon, early evenning) can be worked out as we go.  Thoughts?  jklee

I was thinking of coming down for the boat show this year too, first time in a long time.  I'd be game to meet with folks if a gathering happens.  Going home for two weeks now, but will follow the plans when I get back if they are posted here.  Any thoughts about working out accomodations for those of us who would over-night it?

Since I am not one to drive into a big city, I stayed at Holiday Inn in Oakville, ON just west of Toronto at the end of the GO train system (on the weekends plus just a 2 minute walk from the hotel) last year.  The train took me right to the Boat Show or into downtown Toronto.  There are most likely other places closer but I limit myself to some form of public transit (train & subway - mostly) that are close by to get me to Boat Show.  But I am game on better option if any of the locals know of them.  So far, 6 people are interested, any others?

I'll be there guys. Don't worry. Everything should be calmer by then for me.

I'm too may be looking to stay in the 'burbs and take the GO train in.  I may be bedded down in Burlington with rellies and catch the train there, or I could go along with an Oakville rafting.  Any notion of a meeting date yet?

Below is a reply to my e-mail about arranging a meeting for us at the Toronto Boatshow.  The question after you read this, where does everyone want to meet?  Boat house/Lake?  We have 4-5 weeks until the show.
------------------------------------------------------

The seminar schedule is being finalized this week and will be posted
next week on our website (torontoboatshow.com).

As for a meeting place... it depends if you would like to meet inside or
outside of the show.  If you are planning to meet inside, the Boathouse
Seminar Stage in The Lake is a good meeting spot as there are a number
of seats and it is relatively easy to find (once you find The Lake, the
Boathouse is very visible - The Lake is very identifiable on our
floorplan in the on-site show guide).

Kim Whittick
Toronto Boat Show

FYI, i have already booked at the Westin and I'm going to be at the boat show on the January 13th. I will be pleased if it could fit with the meeting.