Topic: interior redesign?

has anyone ever redesigned their interior? if so, any tips/pics or links to help on this??
we're looking to redesign for our small family, including the galley and settis

Re: interior redesign?

Remodeling the interior is fairly comon but a lot of what you can do easily also depends on which particular vintage hull you happen to have as some had liners and some didn't. Most people who do remodel try to move the galley towards the companionway to get 4 berths in the cabin like the invicta 26 which is a close cousin to the Contessa 26. I have some pictures but you can do a google search for Invicta's and probably find a lot of info concerning the interior layouts which were far better than what you presently have. If you decide to do the remodel I can provide some standrad details for the new bulkhead tabbing if you need them.

I have posted several interior modifications in the past. Use the search function and enter seeadler in the author field, then scan down for topics started by me. (left of the topic)

Hi didi,

In the process of messing around with the interior of my boat I found some useful space I didn't know was there.  My boat is a 1985 JJT model so I don't know if it applies to your boat, but here goes...There is a little shelf that runs along the side of each of my quarter berths.  I ran some trim along the edge of this to make the shelf into a little channel to store small stuff like gloves, nav. instruments etc.  In doing this project I slithered head first to the end of the quarter berth to attach the new trim and found that there is a rather large cavity back there underneath where the winches are mounted.  Cool!  It's a great place to store books - always an awkaward thing.