Topic: faryman k34

Hi Hoping one or more of you can tell me where I can get a voltage regulator for my farymann installed on my co 26   thanks  Phil

2 (edited by john_co26 2010-09-15 16:13:21)

Re: faryman k34

John thanks so much for the swift responce much appreciated  Phil L-D

Hey this is really handy - thanks John.

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

5 (edited by john_co26 2010-09-21 12:02:51)

No problem Ivan,  It has been a few years and I did grab the phone #  off of a piece of paper buried in a box but I kept it for a reason and I am sure it is for faryman parts.

toadster  If you contact them regarding your regulator  can you post back on the results?

Thanks,
John

Hi John on the question of my voltage reg on the farymann I did try and get some new diods  (spelling) but could`nt find any so contacted Farymann  in the US and the cost is $203.52   it is an italian motorbike part  ``Ducati #3445-12-50  the head gasket cost is $46.74 they were happy to send them via US post as opposed to UPS who charge a bandits rate to bring anything over the border  so am awaiting the arrival to get the engine back together and get some sailing in before haul out at the end of october;;;   Jordan Helms tel 864 627 8143 email is jhelms@farymann.com  the link you had is now only for ac generators  so were not able to help for the 12volt system  I noticed on the Farymann web site they do sell a new 8hp diesel which I imagine is a direct drop in for the old unit no idea on price but must be a big saving on labour verses a yanmar etc engine beds and so on  Phil

toadstr

Thanks for the update, hopefully I won't need parts anytime soon but it is good to know they are out there. Are you rebuilding your k34? If so how is it going and what brought you to the point of needing to do a rebuild?

Thanks,
John

Hi John  well a blown regulator  led me to suspect a battery problem because of difficulty starting the engine  upon dropping the sails to return to dock   I then found the blow coming out of the head gasket just behind the air intake, so not really a rebuild just a repair-- pull the head redo the valves and seats (grind) de- coke then install new gasket and fingers crossed !!  ---  just awaiting the arrival of the gasket and reg via the mail man  so hopefully all back together by next weekend   best  Phil

Hi I did contact the company reagdring the price of their Yellow Marine Start 18W and it is not sold in North America - only in Europe - too bad.

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

Hi Ivan -wonder why that is  maybe one can order one  did they have any prices ??  Phil

Hi - no prices when I asked - not even European prices they told me to contact Farymann in Europe - as far as I can tell the Yellow marine River Star is pretty close to the old K34M.

Cheers,

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

Ivan I checked with farryman in germany  price is approx 3000 sterling delivered to UK  am going to get a shipping cost to Canada-US this w2ould be a much cheaper alternative to redoing engine beds etc etc etc  although mine now seems to be running fine  and if a new one lasted another thirty years would no doubt see me out ---I am also going to ask Farymann usa what the cost would be landed at their place in south carolina  Phil

Wow that should be interesting - look forward to hearing how this works out.

Cheers.

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

The guys I had my mechanic call for Farymann parts are Entec West:

Postal Address

Entec West, Inc.
6312 SW Capitol Hwy. #410
Portland, OR 97239

Phone Numbers

Phone:  971-255-1561
Week Days: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Pacific Time

Experts on Farymann: they are basic guys, no email, just old fashion phone...and they know their Farymanns, which are really used as generator engines in the farm and other worlds! lol...

i had a voltage regulator on Rhiannon, and it was after market, but was for the specific engine, etc...

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”