Topic: Sail Cover Specs

My ancient sail cover is done.  It was a hand-me-down and never fit properly; too short on the boom.  Anyone got any specs on what the normal sail cover would be?

Re: Sail Cover Specs

And4ew

Last spring I sewed up my own cover, replacement of the old, not too hard to do, 150-175 $ in material. Regardless below are some numbers for you, it fits the sail a little tight, which is the way  I wanted it.

Over all length   128 inches

Height starting at the mast, first measurement is how far back from the leading each of the mast(the zipper used to close the cover at the front end of the mast)  The second is the height,  all in inches

0,     48 (zipper height)
10,   48 (to make room to wrap cover around mast)
25,   26
36,   21
48,   19
60,   18
72,   17
84,   15
96.   15
108, 13
128, 10

The above measure measurements have worked well for me, with that said if I were to do it again I would increase the height at position 25, 36 and 48 higher to allow for the sail "stacking up" at the mast. An increase of at least an inch.

John

Check out the For Sale section. My main cover is still available and in excellent condition throughout
...just not the right color for my Flag Blue hull!

...)))) May the wind fill your sails and the sun shine in your face cool

If your sail is also ancient and in need of replacement, be careful about making too tight of a fit. My cover fit my old main great, but when I got a new crispy sail, the cover no longer fit and I had to add a strip along the bottom. Apparently a mainsail made of cloth like wet toiletpaper packs up smaller than real dacron.