Topic: Cost for delivering my Co26 from Brighton, Ontario to New London, CT

I may have to have a Contessa I just bought in Brighton, Ontario trailered to New London, CT. I'm trying to figure out how much that might cost and hoping that perhaps someone knows of reliable service in the Brighton, Ontario area. I got one quote from the Brighton area for $4500 which is way more that I want to pay and seems like a lot as New London is only 9 hours away.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Cost for delivering my Co26 from Brighton, Ontario to New London, CT

No possibility of taking it down the Erie Canal/Hudson River yourself? I suspect that is a trip you would enjoy thoroughly, and it would also get you VERY familiar with the boat.

Otherwise, I've never had a boat delivered before, so I can't really help much.

yes, I'm thinking about sailing it home down the canal/hudson...That my first choice, just not sure I can get the time off the summer. I;d love to do that though..

Hi
I am trying to trace a Contessa 26  called Little Minute - and wondered if you are the new owner. I am presently refitting my Rogers 1974 Contessa 26  and wanted to understand some of the pictures shown on sailboat listings.com
Hope you were able to move your Contessa o.k. and have enjoyed some good sailing.
Kind Regards
Tim Spurge

Tim:
I have not heard of 'Little Minute'.
Obviously, there are very few Rogers CO26 here.
I knew of one out in Nebraska.
Mine is a 71 Rogers (#54) and I sail out of New London, CT.
I bought my Contessa locally about 9 years ago.
She was sailed single-handed across the pond in the '76 Ostar
Let me know if I can address any questions specific to the Rogers.  Jim

Hello Tim,

Yes, Little Minute is a beautiful boat isn't it.  The guy who did that refit was one heck of a craftsman. 

In order to trace the owner of Little Minute, you need to do this:

go to sailboatlistings.com and keyword search:  Contessa

Scroll down and you will still see the old listing for this boat.

Click on "details" and you will see all the info, including the contact phone number of the owner.

Cheers,

Brian
maxedoutvoyages.com

At the risk of muddying the waters, Little Minute was originally named Karl Scott, a dark blue Contessa that sat at the National Yacht Club in Toronto for many years.

It was completely refurbished, the hull was painted, the wood was redone. They did a lovely job.
If you search the forum for "Little Minute" you will find quite a dialogue back a year or so ago.