Topic: 1972 Contessa for sale

Re: 1972 Contessa for sale

This is the boat that I talked about a little while ago.  The owner has already bought another one 30+ feet and is looking to find a home for his contessa 26 boat.  I believe he lives near the Ontario border, close to a highway and knows a carrier who can ship the boats at a good price.  He seem to be a nice person, but then he was e-mailing and anyone can sound nice.  At least 3 or 4 people got ahold of me for the info on this boat, same as the website, so there is interest.

One semi serious, major to me, issue:  Atomic 4.  Means a huge engine taking up a pile of space in an otherwise cavernous interior.  Oh yeah, and the deep bilges will love that gas.....  The Platonic 4 has a place in Paceships and C&C's and such, but I'd seriously be considering another choice of auxiliary for a Contessa.

I'd be closing my eyes every time I hit the starter switch.  Like that'd make a difference......

I was wondering that too. Nothing wrong with the Atomic IV, but its HUGE!  As for fumes, proper venting will ensure that like a million Alberg 30s, any other dep bilged boat like a Contessa 26 won't blow up.