Topic: glassing hull liner to hull

I Just pulled the starboard side icebox out of my 82 to install a small woodstove and some drawers.I want to glass the liner to the hull(tomorrow) while this area is exposed.It looks as though there is no danger of creating a hard spot if I simply fillet and tab this area.The port side was tabbed at the factory.Bill,Victoria B.C

Re: glassing hull liner to hull

Hi Bill;
I would say that I would glass it myself if the port side was also glassed/tabbed at factory.  They may have left it unglassed/tabbed, as different options may have gone there? Or they simply forgot?!  ;-)   

On my 84, the stove is on the stbd side and icebox on the port.

Anything to make it stronger, and I would not see why you would neeed the liner to be able to flex from the hull! :-0
I would do it.

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Hi Shannon.They can't get at many parts of the hull due to the assemblly sequence.I had'nt thought about this much until I started to open up the interior,always an education with any boat.I'm going to do some tabbing here and there but there are different approaches for different constructions.I think??? this boat can just be filleted and tabbed ,quick and simple.

Hi Bill;
I would say, yes, quick and simple.  I have examined every bit of her undersides with a mirror and flashlight, and also from seeing Stefan D's pics (he ripped his boat out entirely!)  there is certainly room for a good deal more tabbing.  It will only serve to strengthen your boat, and is what I will also do if I see a bulkhead is only tabbed on one side, or just tabbed partway, when I am doing that job.
And you are right, an education...usually seeing what they did not do, and now you have a chance to rectify!

Good luck!

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”