Topic: Ventilation and condensation

This might be of interest to people that  cruise in cooler weather.I was concerned about condesation,this being an un insulated boat so added a bow vent to bolster the cabin top vents and and after cowls.Problems have been minimal other than heavy condensation at the foot of the quarter berth.Idecided to leave the engine room door (grand name)open to promote more air flow and voila almost no condesation.I also have the hatch over the galley and leave it cracked,especially when cooking.The two boats I,ve had with mid ships galleys have been the least steamy as air usually enters through the companion wayand can pass out again througha near by hatch.Moving the galley aft in my last boat really cemented mt opinion in this regaurd.One more thing in the contessas favor

Re: Ventilation and condensation

Hey, I too leave inside engine hatch open, both when I leave the boat, and in the summer to keep all things cool...and in winter with heat to circulate around engine (from dockside electric heater for now!)

You are so right about airflow: my hatches are open 24/7 except when underway...Roger MacAfees "The Warm, Dry Boat" is completely about the V word: VENTILATION!  IE: Fresh Air, flowing to and fro!

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”