Topic: 1978 contessa 26 for sale in vancouver

Re: 1978 contessa 26 for sale in vancouver

It's  "Kate", and she was one of our original rendezvous attendees! 
She is owned by a busy family, I think that's why they are selling her.
Her outboard powers her along great, I've seen her easily come and go from rendezvous.

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Hi Shannon

Would you happen to know the Hull number for Kate... would be nice to get it on the list

i wonder if she planes with that outboard...

Got a question about that outboard mount on "Kate":  doesn't extending the engine that far off the stern aggravate the sailing balance even more than the usual with any gear you hang back there?  It's bad enough to hang an outboard offset like that because of the external rudder, but cantilever it too?  I would think this would not fly in a seaway for sure.   And i certainly would not care to haul it in and out on a regular basis. Daysailing only?
Michael Ramos

That outboard is worth as much as the boat! ;-)  And weighs as much as I do!   So, I think it would affect the balance...especially since there is no inboard, of course, so the dynamics would be a bit skewed, I'd think.

Cody, you are funny....;D

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

I don't want to contredict anyone but if you look at the water line the boat don't look off balance, maybe just a little list to the side of the outboard.

marc

Contessa 26 #158
Sun Wave
Montreal QC

Actually, I saw Doug (the owner) powering out of the marina with it, and it just looked a tad off centre...but then many have a stbd. list, so who are we to know what each boat is like...perhaps his rum tank is in stbd locker for crucial balance....

And his boat sold in a few weeks...it was a good buy.

The broker who sold "Kate" was the same broker I used to sell you know who....the guys there were very understanding, and as I mentioned elsewhere, they found her an owner who has also always dreamed of owning a lovely Co26....and I have to smile, there were many enquiries from people who were not even allowed to view the boat (as I had complete control over who came to view her ;-)...all in all, only three people were "allowed" to see her and she was gone to the third fellow who does truly love her...he plans to solo sail her as well, and he lives in the Vancouver area, so you never know.....