Topic: Major fixer Contessa for sale in San Diego

Re: Major fixer Contessa for sale in San Diego

I wonder what hull number that is...

It's amazing to see what my boat could have looked like, had it been owned by someone who too absolutely no care of it.

I don't know the hull number but its a 1984, so a relatively new one.   It is sad to see.

Oh how sad...and what did they do to the sole?!  Looks like they RAISED it?!

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Hi all

How do you know the extent of the blister damage? Is it structural?

TG

George here in my area of country saw more pics, I think, and said it had a three inch hole from something?!  I mean, you can peel off gelcoat and redo, even holes...but really only worth it if you get the boat for a song...a professional peel and re-gel job...$4,000 - $6,000.
Terrence...didn't you sell your boat?!  Or are you looking for one for spare parts?! ;-)

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

I've never even thought about selling my boat. She's still in the restoration stage with a ways to go although sailing again. I'm going to be on the coast for most of the summer and I'm always interested in an orphan. How much is a song?

TG

A song to me, (and I can't sing) would be worth, say, $3,500 Canadian....

9 (edited by Terrence 2006-05-08 19:28:32)

Here's some info for the registry. The HIN for the fixer upper in San Diego is ZJT033231284.

TG

10 (edited by Terrence 2006-05-08 19:30:55)

This HIN thing has got me wondering what the last boats were, and when?

TG

The last/highest number I can come up with is #352, Sarah in eastern Canada someplace.  Their should be 400 contessa's so we are missing 48 of them from our regrister.  Thanks for getting the HIN.
jkl

Oh, I could cry, it indeed sold for a song: 

"SOLD:  This abandoned project will be a great boat when the repairs are completed! Bottom hull blisters have been removed, have dried for 2 years, and are ready to be patched. Westerbeke diesel engine has been removed (condition unknown).  Aluminum mast, rigging, and sails appear to be in good condition.  It's a bargain at $3,600"

I could have scraped up money to make her my next love....as JoseC said, Karma comes around, so hopefully it will come around again when I can use some! ;-)

That's right, Terrence, you have Suselle...great boat!

Terrance...
My boat is ZJT03350186. As I understand it she was hull #335 built in Jan. 1986. If the the fixerupper in San Diego is numbered 3231284 seemingly this would indicate that the rate of production was pretty slow, 12 boats in 13 months. What do we collectively know about JJT? How about some of you co owners up on the lake doing a little research for us?

Terrance

Maybe "Gadget"  could get us some info on this... his uncle is JJT's son...

15 (edited by tomfrenock 2008-10-19 06:32:05)