Topic: Site update coming soon

Hey all,

I'm going to be migrating the site to some different forum and gallery software soon (probably in the next week or so, maybe longer). This should largely go without problem, but one of the unforeseen problems with this migration is going to be that passwords are going to be reset.

As always, I'll be available to help people via email, but I am also posting some basic information here:

When the site changes (and you'll know), you won't be able to log in with your existing password any more. What you'll need to do is click on the "I forgot my password" link on the login screen. This will take you to a page that asks for your username and your email address. Enter both of those, and you'll be sent an email with a new password and a link to follow. Then you can go and change your password to something that works for you.

I know it's a pain in the ass, but the update is pretty good, and will let us have a few more features for the site, and in general make conversation easier.

If you end up not being able to log in, send an email to info@co26.com and I'll help reset your password.

Thanks!

Adrian.

Edit: Of course, this depends on my wife not suddenly going into labor...

Re: Site update coming soon

So, as you can all see, the update is complete. It did not go without issues, however.

First, the new features:

- you can now create polls.
- you can have an avatar (60x60, jpg, gif or png)
- you can upload images (called attachments) when posting. jpg, gif or png. Ideally you'd keep the pixel size below say 1600x1600, just to ease the load on the server?
- you can now send Private Messages among users.
- SPAM should be considerably reduced, making life easier for all of us.
- the stupid registration captcha that made it so impossible to register is gone.

Second, the issues:
- the link between the gallery and the forum that allows us to post there without having to log in again is broken. This is not much of an issues to me, since I would like to use the attachment feature mentioned above instead of the gallery in the future. I am planning on moving all the images over from the gallery to special gallery sections in the forums. If anyone thinks this is a really bad idea, please let me know?

Anyway, that's step one, making the forum faster and a bit better. Step two is making the whole site a lot more interesting and easier to use. Maybe I'll have a bit of time once the baby is born, more likely it'll take a bit longer. As always, if anyone's having trouble, please email me at info@co26.com.

Adrian

Post's attachments

quarter.jpg
quarter.jpg 146.35 kb, 3 downloads since 2012-07-30 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.