Topic: Dodger

I am in the process of having a dodger built for my contessa and the fellow doing the work doesn't think there is enough room for a bimini--which seems true.

I notice in several photos of Aebi's boat that she had a piece of canvas that looks like it would come down and cover the aft end of the dodger, making for a small protected cubby out of sun (coming over the stern) or out of a driving rain.

If you google the phrase: 'tanya aebi contessa photos' you'll find top left photo as showing the dodger with the canvas ... click and scroll down to second photo  on the link.

Has anyone added anything like this to a dodger? It seems like a very practical addition.

PG

2 (edited by bertinol 2012-11-28 09:37:47)

Re: Dodger

I used to work for Genco in Toronto. They make custom dodgers/biminis of very good quality at a good price. They also last for about 20 years. I'd see what they can do. Ask for Jonathan Genco, the son of the owner.
905 278 2891
PS: I don't work there any longer - no commission!
PPS: I checked. Genco actually made the bimini for Tania Aebi - it went around the world and safely returned in good order. You can see the Genco logo in the photo of her boat. Not bad, eh?