Topic: Plumbing the side deck scuppers

Hello Everyone,

My 1971 Contessa has a bronze 1 1/2" (i.d.) thru-hull fitting on the transom.  This was plumbed to the side deck scupper drains with a (home and garden) tee, some reducers and two 3/4" (i.d.) hoses.  The side deck scupper drains are original and are a short section of copper plumbing pipe that was glassed in and flush with the deck. 

Does anyone know how to get these drains plumbed out correctly?  I'm having a hard time finding the fittings that seem like they would work well for this job.

Thanks,

Brian

Post's attachments

DSC00001[1].JPG
DSC00001[1].JPG 162.35 kb, 1 downloads since 2013-04-27 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Plumbing the side deck scuppers

I should have also said that the outside diameter of the plastic tee you see pictured is different than the outside diameter of the copper pipe which is causing a problem getting a section of hose to fit properly on both.  This is problem that started this project.

I went ahead and bought a pair of marelon 1 1/4" flush deck drains to mount on the deck.  Now all I need are the fittings to get these two 1 1/4" hoses connected to the 1 1/2" through-hull fitting on the transom (see photo).  West Marine sells a 1 1/2" nylon tee but I can't find a couple of adapters that would thread into the tee and have a 1 1/4" hose barb on the other end. 
I did finally find these type of fittings at the local Lowes (gray plastic fitting in photo) but the 1 1/4" hose barb on these measures 1 inch and 404 thousandths!!
This has been a very frustrating project because what should have been an easy task has been made next to impossible by not being able to find the plumbing fittings I need.
Has anyone else figured out how to plumb out their side deck drains?
Thanks,  Brian

Post's attachments

deck plumbing.JPG
deck plumbing.JPG 160.16 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Here's the other photo showing the difference in size between a marine grade marelon 1 1/4" plumbing fitting that measures 1250 thousandths and a Lowes 1 1/4" landscaping fitting that measures 1404 thousandths.

Post's attachments

one and a quarter inches.JPG
one and a quarter inches.JPG 141.18 kb, file has never been downloaded.