Topic: harbor locations

A few years ago, when we had The Western Hemisphere Contessa Owners Groop, we shared an owner’s list with around 30 people.  It had all the info that you mentioned along with a write-up of comments, modifications, upgrades that each owner had done.  The info still exists but I don’t send the list out to anyone who isn’t on it.  Maybe we could clone the list here but without the commentaries (to save server space).

Re: harbor locations

You are welcome to give out my boat info...I think a list of boat year, last name of person, and some boat specs would not be too invasive?  Anyone else?

This past weekend I had the honor of seeing and sailing on Dennis Gray's Contessa (#248) on Mobile Bay 26 in 25 knot winds (small craft advisory was up).  We were one of two sailboat out that morning. I got the feeling that this sailboat enjoyed this rough condition, even after Dennis had stated this was Contessa weather.  Hopefully my job situation will settles down soon, I can start the search to find one to own and sail.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was anyway this board could develop a spreadsheet or something that people could visit that would list owners Contessa 26 hull number, if Canada JJ Taylor or British made, home port, and boat's name (if it has one).  Dennis had made the comment that every harbor he had visited he has seen a Contessa.  I now know of three location and wonder how true his statement was. I would think others would be interesting as they were cruising around also.  Just a thought.