Topic: Death of Peter de Jersey

I was sorry to learn of the sudden death of Peter de Jersey, Secretary/Treasurer of the Contessa 26 Association, on 27 March 2006.

Regretfully
                                                                               John

.                               ,,,,,
                               (o o)
------------------oOO---(_)---OOo------------------

2 (edited by eebygumcaptain 2006-04-13 12:51:39)

Re: Death of Peter de Jersey

Yes, it was quite a shock to hear about Peter. I understand he had a sudden heart attack, I hope he went out doing what he loved most :-)

Peter was very helpful to me when I was researching the history of my boat and other questions. In the last edition of the CO26 Association letter which only went out a few weeks earlier,  he confirmed his intent to stand down as secretary for the association and was looking for opinions on how to take forward, i.e. should the UK CO26 continue with a quarterly news letters or move to an internet based forum with emails updates ?

Maybe we will get to an update/discussion at the 40th Rally of the JR Contessa's in Lymington at the end of the July.

Personally I think there's a lot to be said for moving to a internet forum/email based association as demonstrated by the excellent resources and help shown through this site.

Cheers
Andrew

----------
If the memories are better than the dreams then it's all over.....
[url=http://www.contessa26moonshine.me.uk]www.contessa26moonshine.me.uk[/url]

Wow. I had just had some email from Peter about the site on the 15th. A sad loss for Contessans everywhere.

Oh no....how sad.....I too corresponded with him regularly, likely almost the day before he died....awww, I'll miss him....

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”