Topic: CD changer/Speakers

Can anyone share how they've configured their sound system from where they've put the audio unit to speaker(s) placement inside and perhaps in the cockpit if using "marine" speakers?  Any and all advice is welcome.  Thanks in advance.

José

Re: CD changer/Speakers

I mounted my speakers in the mainbulkhead and the cd changer on the straboard side behind the ice box.  It all works well.  Without too much dificulty I can hear my music while motoring at fullspeed.  I used marine speakers and a marine stereo inside because of the amount of humidity in the air.  The speakers and radio should last a lot longer I hope than a standard car stereo for instance.

I have small cube speakers under the deck on the aft side of the galley. They are standard radio shack types and have survived well. The radio/CD is a standard car radio. It is located under the deck by the switch panel. The first one lasted only a week. I large salt water wave came below and the radio sucked some water down the CD slot. They do not like salt water and was dead a few days later. The second one has some plastic protection and is still going a few years later. The marine version maybe a good idea. If power is a concern, check the power consumption first. Car radios use a lot of power and generate a fair amount of heat. That is not a problem in a car since the engine is always running and charging the battery. Do not forget to keep everything away from the compass. I do not have speakers in the cockpit, but if you turn it up enough it can be heard. If it is at a comfortable level for someone below, then it can not be heard up top and if its a good volume for up top then someone below will go deaf.

Thanks jarvist for the idea, I'm currently tracking a couple of these on ebay. Do you have a 12v adapter (if so where did you get that from and at what cost in the UK)

BTW, how's the planning for the big trip ? has the IC exploration committee been meeting regularly to discuss the impending departure :-)

----------
If the memories are better than the dreams then it's all over.....
[url=http://www.contessa26moonshine.me.uk]www.contessa26moonshine.me.uk[/url]