Topic: Looking for Bukh DV8 ME or willing to sell mine to you

I am the proud owner of 'Dharma Rose' 1984 JJ Taylor 26 hull #316.  Photo attached.  I need some help... or maybe I can help you.

I have a 1984 Bukh DV8 ME diesel engine that is original to my 1984 Contessa 26 (JJ Taylor).  I have just about given up looking for a sister engine.  I would be willing to sell it now that I am looking down the barrel of a repower. I have been looking for a backup DV8 engine so that I have available parts if I end up needing them (these engines are very hard to find and if you are interested in this your have been searching for a while like me).  I am sailing the boat offshore, and need to know I have a reliable source of parts before I fully rely on this as the auxiliary engine.  Hate to sell her and have to refit to a newer engine.

Sale would include, entire working engine, transmission, shaft, and prop if you are interested.   I would be willing to trade for a 1GM10 or Beta 14 that have been remanufactured (with documents from sale or from licensed diesel shop).  Glad to create video of it running.  Used it all last summer sailing on the Chesapeake Bay.  Photos show all new banjo fitting that I installed on the engine (2) years ago when I boat her. Would be willing to ship at buyer's cost once I have it on a pallet for shipping.  Intend to pull engine next 30 days at marina on Chesapeake Bay or in my shop (depending on when it sells).  If you have a DV8 or engine to swap... let's talk. ok to email or call me too:

engine is located in my boat near Charlottesville, Virginia, U.S.A.

scott@abbottandco.com
ph: (434) 531-2572