Topic: the bullet

Now that I have had Barefoot for almost two years and have gotten most of the rigging, electrical and mechanical issues out of the way I have decided to bite the bullet and have the full paint job done. I have found a good painter and the boat is on the hard anyway to get the transmission seals replaced. The motor has to come out and that will give me a chance to clean and repaint the bilges. I have my rigger helping me with a trim tab for my autohelm windvane. All estimates are for the work to be done in two months so I guess I'll probably be back in the water after Christmas. Wish me luck.

Re: the bullet

good luck!!

My boat will be on the hard just after Christmas too, about as hard as all the water for as far as I can see!  Happy sailing you with the soft water in December!

The bullet was bigger than I thought. But the boat has been back in the water for 2 weeks now and I'm still fixing things that weren't done right, but I guess it has all been worth it. I know for sure I could have bought a much nicer copy of this boat for what I now have in mine, but I got to use it for two years and I pretty much knew what the issues with it were, and even a much nicer one would have things that need attention or change.
Now if I can just get the gumption to paint the cabin I'll be through, for the time being.