Topic: possible main sail trade

I'm sort of thinking lightly about trying to swap my main for one I'd like better.  Mine is a Raudaschl main, original to the boat in '85 but still in pretty good shape.  It was modified for full battens and is that way now, and it has two rows of reefing in it.  It still has a good few years left in it by my estimate.  What I'd like (or what I think I'd like) is a slightly smaller main with regular short battens in it - old school, I know... I find the Raudaschl main pretty big - it's quite roachy - and it spends a fair bit of time reefed or backwinded because the main is dumped off to spill wind.  And I am not keen on the full battens without lazyjacks (I removed my lazyjacks).  Anyone out there with a low-tech, short battened main in good shape they'd like to swap?  It doesn't have to be a permanent trade if someone wants to try on a full battend main to see if they like it.

Idle tire-kickers welcome to reply because that's about where I am at  - just thinking about it...

Re: possible main sail trade

Hi, no main extra, but want to move along your lazy jacks?

Re: possible main sail trade

Hi Kristin,

I would, but lazyjacks are just lots of line and a couple of small blocks, and some folks even skip the blocks - they wouldn't be worth the shipping costs.  Besides, I've already used the line for other projects, one of which is the retrieval line for when I send my beer to the deeps in an mesh bag to cool off - the longer the line the colder the beer!  If you need help to rig some on your boat (lazyjacks I mean, not a beer line) just post the question as a new topic and I know you'll get a zillion replies.  Or if you want to e-mail me directly (I think you can do that via this website somehow) I can walk you through it.