Topic: References for Shoreline Sails

I am looking at ordering a new 155% Genoa from Shoreline Sails in Toronto. Has anyone had any dealings with this company ?

Thanks

Jim

Re: References for Shoreline Sails

3 (edited by jimco48 2006-10-20 08:48:26)

Thanks, for the info., Jose.

I am going with Lee Sails, 135 Genoa, for about the same price as Shore Line( I was surprised, however Lee has a fall time special on until Nov 15) . Main reason is I have seen the Lee sails up close on another boat and was impressed with the work and style.

Question, I am looking into possible replacement of my sails and/or adding to them.  When I was first sailing I noticed that the main sail allows the boom to drop below the horizonal line before flattening out the sail.  This is a first for me (as most mains stay horizonal when the main is raised) and I am unsure why this is.  I have noticed this on other boats from their photos.  Any answers to this reasoning?

Jim , in your ordering with Lee sails, you had to give the J & I plus maybe the P & E dimension.  My boat is presently under it's tarp for the winter so I can not get those numbers.  I do have off Mauri Pro Sailing website the following: I - 31.5, J - 10.3, P - 28.0 and E - 10.0, are these close to your numbers?  I will be measuring my sails (main and 110 genoa) to get their numbers this weekend, as I have them with me.   Thanks, jklee

John,

The dimensions I gave Lee Sails where off this site, for I and J, they will compute the P mesurement based on this, as mine is also in winter storage. They recommended measuring my current sails for comparison,  my current Genoa I measures 32.5' , and that is without being able to stretch the leach as much as possible.

Lee sails were pretty confident that the I and J they have on record would fit my boat.