Topic: Solo Atlantic Circle on Seeadler – part 1 – The Refit

Re: Solo Atlantic Circle on Seeadler – part 1 – The Refit

Many, Many thanks for posting this. It's a great checklist for preparing my own for a Transatlatic in 2010. I take heart that we have done many similiar jobs including cutting 1" off the base of the mast (due to corrosion, last rivets and general decay on mine) plus upgrading all the rigging (the rigger is currently putting on 7mm forestay and 6mm backstays and upgrading all the deck and masthead fittings to fit)

Keep it coming please !

Cheers

----------
If the memories are better than the dreams then it's all over.....
[url=http://www.contessa26moonshine.me.uk]www.contessa26moonshine.me.uk[/url]

I totally agree, Andrew.  During our rendezvous last weekend, I broached the subject of John (seeadler) doing seminars but this pretty much tops that as I can actually go back and read and re-read this particular post to prep for my upcoming trips.  This isn't merely conjecture but actual, proven and survived kind of material and it's from the man himself.  Now, that's what I call gold!  Thanks, seeadler!  On another note, didn't you hint of an upcoming trip of a similar magnitude next year?  Please let us in on the ground floor regarding preparation and let me know if you need any help as I'd be more than happy to assist in your prep.

José

No not next year. But in a few years, 3 to 5 hopefully. A trip from Vancouver to New Zealand or Australia.