Topic: New member

Hi Luc, Good Luck with your project, You have a good eye for boats, the Cape Islander is a classic, My family is from Cape Sable Island, Fisherman all, and I have a Contessa 26 ASKEW tat I sail In NB and the Bay of Fundy.

Re: New member

Hi Luc, Good Luck with your project, You have a good eye for boats, the Cape Islander is a classic, My family is from Cape Sable Island, Fisherman all, and I have a Contessa 26 ASKEW tat I sail In NB and the Bay of Fundy.

Hello,
I am a new member on this board. I have been following this bb closely for about two years now and I find it most interesting/stimulating. I became acquinted with the sea ( at age seventeen)up north in the artic Québec region where I have lived and worked for over twenty years(east coast of Hudson Bay 60thdegree north).After many years of commuting by 22'freighter canoes on the bay while fishing/hunting, in 93 I got myself a 36'Cape Island lobster boat from Nova Scotia. I used the boat for artic char fishing, seal and beluga hunting. My apologees to Brigit Bardot, it has been done for subsistance only not commercial purposes. Since I came back down sought(Québec city) I wanted to keep with the sea, then I took sailing lessons. I was wandering also what kind of sailboat to get. I decided on the Contessa 26 with a trailer. Last fall I found one for sale that has been damaged. During a freek storm in the St-Lawrence "Carpe Diem" hit some rocks while trying to make it to port in Les Escoumins. The boat was damaged and holed in the bilge part, the crew made it safely to shore.
Now I've got to fix this baby, lots of work for me to make it seaworthy again ( and I am a bit scared about the project )but I think it certainly worth the effort. Beside sailing the Hudson bay again I have lots of dreams of other sailing destinations. Feel free to ask about the north experience, as I will ask repair tips for sure. Thank you.
Luc Larouche