Topic: Joshua going on the west coast

Re: Joshua going on the west coast

Engineless bro,maybe you will stop in Victoria.Cheers Bill

Why not, meet another Contessa owner will be nice !
Personnally i dont really know exactly where i will go for the winter. Im canadian so the best choice for finding work around that area and still live on my boat look like Vancouver. If you live in that area do you have some suggestion ? My skill are mainly fiberglass repair, electronic and boat electricity.

Thanks

Even tho Vancouver is very close,I haven't been there for years so I don't know much about what is going on there.Sidney is boat central here with many marinas,three yards,and some nice sailing,with many islands and coves.I live in Victoria,close to downtown in a great little marina;were definetly boat nuts here.I would guess that job prospects are very good out here right now,and the cruising is great.And yeah I live on my Contessa as well and it suits me well.Let me know if you need more specific information about Victoria.Might be ableto introduce you to someone in a yard.Caio Bill

Well the way you talk about it, i think Victoria sounds a good place to go !
I dont have my chart with me, but i will check for some good anchorage on that area.
I should be in that area in a month or so.

Yeah Contessa are great little liveaboard boat. Low maintenance and good sailing, i miss the headroom around the chart table for cooking and doing the dishes but thats is detail ..

The bad news.No anchoring in Victoria,incredible but true.Esquimalt,not convient.The best is Tseum Harbour(Sidney),Oak Bay,but you need real good ground tackle or a mooring and near the yacht club in Cadboro bay,a little out of the way.I only know one person right now that stays on the hook year round,but maybe you will be the second.You probably already know ,the tides can be pretty swift around here,so if you are engineless your always postioning your self not to get carried down on reefs and such.Stay out of Active Pass,without an engine,around the bottom of Saurna or through Porlier pass much much better.Bill