Topic: Berth announcement

Re: Berth announcement

Congraduation, John
Looking forward to seeing any photos of your Contessa 26.
I was wondering, where or how did you find this Contessa?  I look on the Pocket Cruiser listing but I have not seen a 1984 listed in the last few months.  I wonder if that listing is ever updated or nothing ever seem to sell.

The For Sale info is updated whenever anyone with an advert tells me to change it or remove it.  Most people never say a damned thing.  I'll have to un-post some overdue adverts.

I found this boat in response to a post I made inquiring about Conteesas in Florida.  Mark was kind enough to send me a message and also let me know his boat was for sale.

As a suggestion, I did receive several contacts from the posting I had on the Boats Wanted section.  There is a 1983 model, hull number 305, for sale in the Bahamas.  It will be slowly on it's way back to Toronto starting in April.  You can contact Ian at enemail@canada.com

Good luck.  Merrill is right about people not updating their information.  One boat was already sold, and the latest update appears to be sold as well.  I was rather surprised to see that listing as I had been in touch with the owner several times and he told me he thought the boat was sold before it showed up on the Pocketcruisers site.

John,just wondering if you have you Contessa 26 yet and you have any photos of your new boat to show off?

I am still waiting on my job situation before I can starthunting my dream.

I am having it hauled to Lake Champlain (New England's west coast) from Florida even as we speak.  It should arrive in Vermont on Friday and be in the 40 degree water in another few weeks.  I will submit all of the info for the registry once I have the boat here and take some pictures as well.  It does have a monitor windvane, so I will include some detailed pictures of that installation, and it's impact on cockpit space.  I am undecided on keeping the windvane right now.

I am the proud new owner of a 1984 Contessa 26.  The adoption papers haven't quite all been signed, but the deal is done.  Details and pictures to follow.  The only unfortunate part of the new arrival is the name.  Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.  I may have to review Mr. vigor's procedures for this.