Topic: Promotion of new site

The new site is great. Good work.. and fast work.
If the old site will only be on line for a few monthly, then the user that only checks in every few monthly may never find out about the new site. Here is an idea to notify the users from the old site about the change. If email addresses could be extracted from the user profile data, a mass email could be send to inform all users. This may also help to get back some of the old users who have not signed in for a long time out of forgetfulness.  Thanks again for the hard work.

Re: Promotion of new site

Uhh, wha' happened?! ;-)  I mean, wow, that was fast and this new forum looks great, but I thought there was talk of July and then you guys move fast!!   Thanks so much Adrian!  I had read Merrill's post, then John Lee and I and Jose were talking lists, ideas, and then bam!  Here we are!!  Great work!

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Hi Adrian

First of all "GREAT JOB" on the new site... and thanks for volunteering... it looks great... However I have a couple of questions...

1) Are you going to try and keep a main page like "Pockecruisers.com" where anyone can link to this forum... and where we could have pictures of the different events where our little sail boats could proudly be displayed.
2) Would this main page accommodate all small cruisers like the way it dose now?

Sorry for bring this up... I just feel that if Pocket cruisers are totally going down that it would be nice to keep the valuable info that's there and maybe build a new looking site.

Thanks

Jose Salvador
Capella 324

I was thinking at an opening webpage we would have the JJT Contessa 26 design page from the manufacture that tells everyone what a Contessa 26 is.  We should have a JR contessa photos also as we are related (the original color contessa 26 on the pocket cruiser was a JR contessa).  Still, I am impressed with how fast and nice this forum came together.

I like the line drawing at the front of site.
I am sure there will be a picture page, etc...and I'm sure it'll be Contessa 26 focused, but we will have a general linkable page etc. as Jose suggested, as we want lots of traffic and interest!
The articles are all helpful, and saves alot of e-mails/posts!

I concur with Jose:  THANK YOU ADRIAN!

And, of course, thank you to SMH, as he originally made this all possible...I sure hope he'll come around here and remind us all that the rum tanks indeed go forward of the fuel tank, not aft!
(I bet he bought a boat with...gasp....HEADROOM!)

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

I don't know if Merrill is still reading or not, but re: mass e-mail - there was, a few years ago, an ongoing e-mail conversation to a fair number of the so-called "Groop". While some addresses may be out of date, might be worthwhile sending a message round. Merrill - do you still have this old list?

An good example of what seeadler was saying is myself - definitely interested in staying in touch, but life, busy distractions and other lame excuses kept me from checking in to the site for quite some while and I may well have not found the new site except for sheer chance of checking in now.

BTW & perhaps most importantly - thanks Merrill for starting this and keeping it going. Hope all is well with you.

The entire content of the Contessa Corner portion of the site will soon be part of this site as well. I am working on getting it into shape, but a short trip has sidelined that till Tuesday or Wednesday.

I am all for suggestions and critique. Please, don't hesitate to get in touch!

No pressure intended, I assure you. Glad you're still literate...er...literal even. Quite right, thanks Adrian for taking up the banner.

As for the parrot, that's quite easy - suggest you open a salty pub, The Sleazy Weasel, and make him/her the mascot.

Is this site going to redo some of the links we had under the Pocket Cruiser, ie., Bika trip, etc.?  We could have links to the different coast guard sites for Canada, USA, and Britain(?) for into for regristration etc.  There must be other useful links but my brain went completely blank on me.