Topic: farymann waterpump

Anyone know about the farymann raw water pumps?  Mine is shot, the farymann dealer says it is a german made
(romin?) that may be discontinued.  The last time I spoke with the dealer in New Jersey the guy said it would be one of two types, both in stock and both inexpensive. The "romin" may not even be made at this point.
The dealers only suggetion if they can't replace the old one is to convert to a flywheel pully belt driven one, sounds like quite a project to me.
Help me if you are able.

Re: farymann waterpump

the farymann distributor says the pump is definitely not made.  Farymann suggested going with an electric.  Now I have to determine a similar pumping rate and a motor with a duty rating strong enough to be on all the time.
Also I need to figure the electric drain and hope the alternator can stand a constantly running pump.

I've found a mechanic who is going to try to rebuild the raw water pump.  Today he sandblasted and disassembled it, tomorrow I will try to find seals, and get it put back together. Hopefully, it will go back
together with no more muss or fuss.  Wish me luck.  By the way the electric pump was shot down because of not being capable of proportionally pumping at a rate governed by the motor speed.

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”