Topic: Engine Install

Peter SC - I was just checking out your website.  Nice place to store the boat to work on it...  When you installed the engine did you build new engine beds?  And did you use the small Yanmar mounts?  They look bigger in the picture to me, which is what I'm going to use (2GM mounts).    I'm going to have to move my engine forward, because as it sat it was about 18" further back than yours - top of the engine directly below the first "hatch"  (floor panel) and I won't be able to get the back engine mounts in the position that the engine was.  I've got to build new beds anyways, still in planning mode for that job......Cheers and thanks

Re: Engine Install

I'm going to shove mine a few or more inches forward - as it was you had to be a contortionist to check the oil.  Or lift a floor panel......  I think that even 6 or 8 inches further forward would help as far as weight distribition goes, but the 1gms aren't really all that heavy.....

What did you do for steps?  I didn't really like the setup that was in my boat, and it won't work with the engine forward...

I buuilt a plywood case around the motor so the first step is on top of that, doubles as a table due to it s size now...
and I put one more in between , using the old setup. It seems to work well on land, have to try it out on the water still. You are right , easy access now.
Peter