Topic: Contessa in Mass.

I thought "Skipper T", had seen it?!  Anyone?
The price does seem really cheap, but we have an expert "on board" here, Stefan D...HE had some deck and other problems and has done some amazing repairs.   If you aren't afraid of some hard work, (cut, scrape, goop, sand, finish, to simplify the steps, I'm sure!) you will get a great little boat for that price.

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Re: Contessa in Mass.

Hi Ray,
I've been aboard the MA Contessa and would be happy to share my observations with you.  I'll send you an email w/my phone number, give a call some evening...

Has anyone seen the Contessa listed in Yachtworld located in Newburyport Mass?
I have heard that there are "deck problems" but thats pretty vague. The price certainly reflects that something is amiss. I am thinking of making the trip (4hrs) to check it out but would appreciate anyone who may have seen it already to give me the heads up.TIA

Hi Bill and Ray,
My name is Jim and I'm sort of a classic boat junkie. I actually am interested in the Newburyport boat as a possible cruiser for my daughter-she loves working on old boats with me and its a great father daughter bonding experience.  She's 16 and has pretty much grown up on my Pearson Vanguard. She is an awesome boat refinisher-great touch with the foam brush...she did a school report on Tania Aeibi's circumnavigation and is pretty inspired by Contessas in general.  Her budet is very limited, so this boat has some appeal.  I only know a little about Contessas and this one in particular seems like a viable choice for her.  Can either of you give me some insight about this boat and Contessas in general?  I've done plenty of rehab work myself, but would not want to get involved in extensive core work-my Vanguard needs that done and one recore is enough thank you!
Any advice or insight would be much appreciated.