Topic: Overall length including pulpit and rudder?

Our marina has it registered at 28'- havne't checked myself!

Re: Overall length including pulpit and rudder?

Adrian, Yes, that was my understanding too. The length of the deck only.

Kristin, Thanks, my guess was also about 28 ft. Good to confirm. Unfortunately, the price increases if longer than 28 ft and my steering vane will put it over into the next size/price range.

maybe it's time to think about switching marinas??   it seems that prices are skyrocketing in the 1000 islands area, with less and less reception to sailboats, smaller ones in particular....  i guess thats because we do most of our work ourselves, and they make nothing on serving engines, outdrives, etc....  who knows....

In Vancouver, moorage is about $3,000 for a Co26. ($9/ft/mo. plus GST!) Last time mine was measured, it was 27 and a bit of feet...however, they left it at 26 (for a number of reasons! ;-)  but with windvane, I know she will be 28'for sure, if not more...needless to say, I am taking my sweet time working on her for free at my sister's farm!  A bit mucky with the rain, but at zero/mo, I am able to do many little things now! ;-)

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Does anyone know the overall length of the JJ Taylor including the bow pulpit and rudder overhang? I just got the 2006 marina form and they are getting sticky this year and want the total overall length. 25.5 feet will not fly this year. They will be checking in the spring. If anyone happens to know this dimension it would save me a long drive and some climbing through the snow.

It is about $68 a month in Homer, AK. for a 32' slip...check it out!  Only one Contessa per 2000 miles so far!

Here in the Doral marine, $68 will get you a day and a half at the transient dock for a 32 ft boat.
Mountain scenery not included but the water is fresh.

With Windvane and pulpit, alas, she will be 28'....you are all right, the marinas don't like us little, self-sufficient guys...it's either a 24' slip (not a chance) or a 32'....and at $9.50 a foot, well, let's just say that it's even worse when Marina fees are due on April fool's day...who's the fool, anyhow?! ;D

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”