Topic: Rudder for a JJTAYLOR or Co26

I am looking for a rudder for a co 26 in good shape,

Re: Rudder for a JJTAYLOR or Co26

You'll probably need to specifiy year and whether the boat is a JR boat or a JJT boat.

3 (edited by Gadget 2006-03-13 16:26:54)

Hi George
Was this for the hurricane boat listed on e-bay by any chance?

.                               ,,,,,
                               (o o)
------------------oOO---(_)---OOo------------------

George

Did you buy Shilo

I am looking for a rudder for a 1985 jjtaylor,My rudder can be repaired but was checking incase one is available.This boat is from Vancouver island and none of the above mentioned,Thanks George

I imagine its going to be tricky to find a rudder for and '85. I don't know how much they changed after #300, but I know an additional pintle and gudgeon were added.

You may have to have a custom one built, or better yet, build it yourself!  Especially with the old one for a pattern and possibly to salvage the pintles off, it's a pretty straightforward job to lay one up.  I'd guess a core of epoxy laminated marine ply would probably be the best...  Anyone else ever pulled their rudder apart or know anything about the original layup?

Hi I picked up a planer today and started to strip the rudder and in much better shape then expected.Will finish planing it down to the fiberglass and then apply 2 coats roving and expoxy,sand and paint.Thanks