Topic: Well, I'm excited: Launch Date

Bronte Outer Harbour just called, and we'll be launching #322 on April 15th at 10am.

I cannot wait to be back out on the water. Now I just have to get all that stuff done before we launch...

Re: Well, I'm excited: Launch Date

Adrian, I am just a little envious. Received notice of my launch date, not until May 20. You could reach the Bahamas by the time I get in the water. Being new to sailing, I haven't fully grasped the reasoning behind the launch and haul out dates, and why they vary so much. Although in our marina the use of a crane has something to do with the delay, and possibly the colder climate on Lake Huron. Since you are in a "tropical" climate, what is your haul out date ?

Although on the positive side, i will have an extra 5 weeeks to prepare for sailing. No, I'd rather be sailing !

Enjoy !

I will most certainly think of you while I am plying the waters of Lake Ontario. We're lucky at our marina, we have our own travelift and mast crane, which I think helps with the scheduling. Haulout last fall was mid-october, but let me tell you, by then it was bugger cold out, and 2m waves and small craft warnings all the time. Fun for me, a little much for the kids, especially whith all the sport-fishermen trawling lines all over the place.

Way to Go, Adrian!!!  Take Pics and post them! 

Umm, we don't have to haul out here at all, I am almost embarassed to say!   I think your insurance makes you do so?

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Does anyone need help in rigging their yachts?  I just purchased my Contessa and I'm a little insecure about rigging her for the very first time and properly at that.  My Tessa is on the hard at PCYC and is slated to go in the first week of May so any kind of experience/guidance regarding rigging her would be of great benefit.  I just e-mailed Adrian as he's not that far from where Tessa is but I thought I'd put it out there for anyone willing to do this for me.  Thanks all for your posts which has so far helped me tremendously with getting to know my vessel even before we spend any real time together.