Topic: Looking for Contessa

Re: Looking for Contessa

Are you aware of the '84 Contessa sitting for sale there in the yard of the Essex Shipyard?  She appears to be in excellent form and is a bit overpowered with a 15hp Farymann. Sorry I do not have a contact number. Located across from the Soundings publication office.

I tried to e-mail the person (jph) on the 1984 Contessa 26 a number of times but got only rejections.  Good luck, as I was looking into this one myself.

The sister ship to Tanya Aebi's Varuna is on the hard somewhere on the in Toronto/Pickering area. She was the boat Bruce Buttimore sailed to the Bahamas and back. Last time I saw her she was for sale and the asking was $29000.00 US. She was absulutely loaded with gear. Pretty boat.

Hi Folks,
I'm looking to buy a Contessa 26 in good condition, but having trouble tracking one down. Is there a popular place or to shop for a Contessa? And...allowing for a wide variation due to age and condition, can you suggest a broad ballpark guess as to what I might expect to pay for one? I live in Essex, Connecticut. Many thanks for your advise.