Topic: Request -- Image upload

hi

with all the requests for photos.....

it would be super cool to be able to upload photos to this site, so that we could share them with everyone. especially ones detailing repair, new dodger, cool solutions to problems, etc -- would be a great resource for new people as well.

thanks for considering it...

Re: Request -- Image upload

I've actually got a gallery almost complete. It will allow us to upload and search photos.

Adrian:
Have I  missed something? It was my understanding that his site was going down 6/1/06. I am very pleased to see that it hasn't and may have a future.  A resource for me and my co26 is very valued.
Thank you... bob, co26 #335

You most definitely missed something!

SMH, the guy who brought us the Pocket Cruisers site and the Contessa Corner decided (understandably) that he'd had more than enough and wanted to move on to other things, so I offered to take the Contessa section of the site over from him. He was willing, I was able, and co26.com was the result.

It's a whole new site, really, with way better searching capabilities. As noted above, a user-upload gallery is in testing right now, and should be made live soon.

I'm very happy to be able to provide a resource for Co26s, despite not owning one any more.

"I've actually got a gallery almost complete. It will allow us to upload and search photos."

sounds great adrian -- you rock!

I don't know about that. I've been terribly slow with site updates recently. So much going on with the new boat, kids schedules, life, work....

I know the feeling of Lots to do.  The site is looking great... Active as ever.  Quite the online community.  And a huge thumbs up to Adrian for taking this all on.  Remember that this is just a hobby for Adrian, not a full time job.  Probably costs him money to run the show.  Theres plenty of free photo hosting sites out there (photos.yahoo.ca) and you can upload and share for gratis, not even using up any of Adrian's bandwith.  There's plenty of time to play with internet gadgets while we are buried in 10 feet of snow.  This is sailing weather.  So sail!

Stefan_d is right.  Sail!  I'd love to myself but I'm still battling engine woes at the moment so I'm stuck in Port Credit while the Varsol sits in my cylinder trying to un-seize the piston rings as it's been sitting for two seasons on the hard.  This better work or I'm stuck with a couple of grand worth of engine repairs.  Has anybody else had a similar predicament and does anybody have surefire way of getting this done without having to take out the cylinder?  Thanks all!

José

Obviously José needs to come over to Bronte and have a refreshing sail on an Alberg 29, just to help him remember what it's all about.

I have a Sleeman's Cream Ale on ice with your name on it José.

You're on Adrian but if you see me start crying, just look away.  It's just the frustration bubbling through.;-)

J.

12 (edited by peterobertson 2006-06-04 05:50:44)

Hey Jose,

Try using a few ounces of automatic transmission fluid in the cylinder. It worked quite well on old motorcycle engines, way back when.....

Just a quick comment, though. If you have rust already formed on the cylinder walls, you may well do further damage by trying to turn the engine over. If it seized up while running, no problem. But if there's heavy rust present, you could score the piston badly, were you to insist. If you have only limited movement once you get it freed up, pull the head. That way, it's just a matter of a fine hone and a new set of rings.

To avoid this problem in future extended lay-ups, turn the engine by hand in its normal direction of rotation until it hits the compression stroke. You'll know right away; it won't turn anymore. This way, the valves are closed, sealing the cylinder of from the outside atmosphere, preventing moist air (or condensation/water from the exhaust system) from entering and causing rust.

Good luck,

Pete

Murphy was an optimist........

Hey Pete,

Thanks for the feedback.  I actually tried a product called "PB Blaster" this morning which was recommended by John aka JMD00 in the same discussion in the Repairs/Modifications, etc. section .  I gave it an initial blast which just drained to the bottom but subsequent blast into the top end of the cylinder where the injector was removed started to slow down and further blasts into the space actually pooled to an almost stop which means that the rings were actually being released and were doing their job which is to provide a closed system for compression. The last blast just sat there to the top and actually spilled over but I didn't try anything just yet.  I wanted the lubricant to sit there overnight and work itself into every possible crevice just to make sure it's free and the cylinder super lubricated.  Tomorrow sees me draining the excess off the top end, emptying the crankcase of the old oil, varsol, other lubricants with a vacuum pump and in with the new oil, replace the injector, re-check the fuel system and try again.  Hopefully, she'll fire this time.  I have a good feeling that she will since it confirmed that it was the rings that were stuck in their grooves.  Great advice on engine preps for long layovers and I'll be sure to employ that if ever she's to sit on the hard for an extended period of time.  Thanks again.

Are you sailing in Pakistan?  If so, post some pics.  If not, post some pics. ;-)

Jose

You guys better get some images in the Contessa gallery before I fill it with Alberg 29 pictures!

15 (edited by JXG 2006-06-07 10:11:40)

Hi Adrian,
It seems, when uploading images to the gallery, that the system gives a message saying the upload has failed.  As a result, I uploaded again and there are now duplicate images of Aventura at Pirates Cove on the site.  Would you please delete the duplicate?  Thanks.
JXG

I sure will.

I am still trying to track that particular error down.

Ok, here it is, 2013, so I'm way, way late adding to this thread....

I know I've uploaded a few photos before but I can't for the life of me remember how I did it.  How do I upload a photo??  It's not apparent to me by looking around the Gallery screens.  Call me a techno-dope and you'd be right.

Post's attachments

Screen-Shot-2013-11-13-at-12.34.19-PM.jpg
Screen-Shot-2013-11-13-at-12.34.19-PM.jpg 28.64 kb, 1 downloads since 2013-11-13 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hey Adrian!

Did you see the $1500 Contessa on Kijiji last week.  Probably a wreck but on paper just like mine.

Last night I could not get logged into the Gallery to post images and I have no idea how to post images once a thread has been started.  Would it be a big job to add an attachment button within the thread posting windows?

Thanks for your continued great work on this site.  It is a powerful resource.

Christopher