Topic: Tortola Report

Just back from a lovely weekend of sailing our JR ('72?) Contessa around the BVI--and as always, we had a visitor to the boat.  A lovely gentleman, Brit, dinghied up smiling.  "Contessa, is it?" Yes.  "Lovely," he said, then "proper boat, that!"  It always makes us feel we made the right choice (not that we don't always think so), but especially as we sit at anchor among much larger, slicker -- but certainly not prettier -- boats.  This time it was a Sunsail flotilla!

Thanks for all the good tips on this forum.

Diane and Jim

Re: Tortola Report

You are welcome, guys!

Just the other day: my boat is on hard at sister's FARM of all places: British handyman doing work there spots her, drops his tools and practically hollers "Heavens, whose lovely lass is she?!" and runs over to her, yes, actually runs his hands along her hull and says:  "Lovely lines, yes sir she's a beauty", now my truck-driving, horse-riding, non-boating family can see it's not just me that's crazy! ;D  (at least I don't think I am?!  ;-)

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Re: Tortola Report

Where ever I travel anywhere in the world near the water, I always run into at least one Contessa 26. This includes Scotland, Ireland, New Zealand and the island of Granada.
My Contessa, hull#283 "Heather Noelle" is the only Contessa left on Mobile Bay since the other, a 1972, was destroyed in Hurricane Ivan.

The cutworms are in the hollyhocks, again!