Topic: Greetings

Hi all,

I'm new here so I shall introduce myself.  My name is Deb and last fall I purchased a 1985 JJT, hull number 326.  She was originally named Hard Tack, and that was her only name under her only owners until I bought her last August.  She is now named Virago.  She resides in Lion's Head, Ontario, on the east shore of the Bruce Peninsula and we play in Georgian Bay.

It took me about 7 years of patient waiting for the nautical astrology of the right Contessa, in good condition, at a reasonable price to come into alignment and I must say it was worth it.  I've sailed a wide variety of boats over 30 years and this is my first crack at a full keel, heavy displacement boat and she is proving to be, as you all know, a sweet sailing companion.  I single-hand most of the time and Virago and I rarely argue, and when we do she is usually right.

Sailing is my passion and I am happy to find this cyber-place to gather with other people who share our wet and windy world.

Re: Greetings

Welcome to the Contessa Corner!

You've bought a dandy boat. I just recently sold my beloved 26, #322, to a wonderful guy from Quebec City. With three rapidly growing children I found the Contessa just too small for our needs, and so we bought an Alberg 29 this spring.

Let us know when you have questions.