Topic: Documentation or manual for Bukh diesel

Re: Documentation or manual for Bukh diesel

Anyone have access to (or know a source for) documentation or a shop manual for the one cylinder Bukh diesel that is common on the late model JJT Contessas?

Hey Bill!
I think my earlier post got lost in the switchover.  Anyway, as I was saying, there is a guy hawking manuals for the single cylinder Bukh engine on eBay.   I think he wants $25 for them plus $5 shipping.  This might be what you are looking for.  They are in CD Rom format.  You can do a search on the word Bukh on eBay and you should see his listing. Cheers!
Mark Smith

I have the owners manual for my Bukh 8, but at some point the page that identifies all the parts got wet (damned previous owners!) and the page is mostly illegible. I have a couple scans that were provided by some great people here that I'll post at some point soon.

I have both the "Owner's Manual" as well as the technical manual for the 1 cyl Bukh 10hp, both in fine condition. Happy to send anyone who wants them copies, the cost is simply letting me know you want one.

Oh yeah, the manuals are the same for the 8hp and the 10hp, and covers the saildrive version as well.

PPS - if you need parts for a Bukh, I happened to deal with a fellow in Deale, MD when I needed an exhaust elbow who luckily happened to be a 20 minute drive from me. Real nice guy, very laid back and clearly was a part time thing for him, but delivered promptly, accurately, informatively and was a-ok doing business with - details below:

Waterway Diesel Center lnc. 
P.O. Box 97 
Deale, Maryland 20751-0097 
USA Tel: +1-410-867-2182 / 261-5255
Fax: +1-410-867-3366
E-mail: wwaydc@toad.net

Thanks for the info and the offer to share, Steve.  I'll send you an email off-list!

I recently bought a shop manual of sorts for my DV8 from a guy in Kingston, Ontario who specializes in Bukh engines.  I don't have his phone number handy, but the business is called Crinmar.  The guy is very helpful and knowlegable, ships parts if need be, and sells manuals.  This manual, combined with the original owner's manual, has been useful.