1 (edited by John Lee 2006-04-26 16:06:31)

Topic: Stainless steel work

Re: Stainless steel work

best to call stainless outfitters- i tried emailing them re pulpits but didnt hear anything back.  seems that lots gets sent to their junk.  call em up.

Jim

I too am considering to do the same thing... do you have pictures of your setup...

Thanks
Jose

Jim,

I am also considering adding a traveller. Would you be able to give specifics on what you purchased ?

If you have pics are you going to post ?

Thanks

Jim

6 (edited by eebygumcaptain 2006-04-27 14:34:10)

----------
If the memories are better than the dreams then it's all over.....
[url=http://www.contessa26moonshine.me.uk]www.contessa26moonshine.me.uk[/url]

Jim, great if you have any photo's. The track arrived by special delivery this morning, excellent getting it within 24 hours and even better as we went sailing today on the mersey from Liverpool (F4-5, gusting 6 sunshine and dipping the gunwhale and making 5.5K - fantastic, saw a big seal but we did have trouble going against the strong tide to get back into the lock)

The 1.3m traveller is just the right length. Totally agree with you about not wanting to screw through the stainless steel so was going to us SS jubliee clips, positioned so the screw is at the back and tripped off at the back. Should not look too bad. Good idea to use a bit of teak toe rail, had'nt thought of that. There is a boat jumble at Preston on Monday I'm going to so should be able to pick up the peices then....I may need to modify my sticker to ....sponsored by ebay and boat jumbles !

Cheers
Andrew

----------
If the memories are better than the dreams then it's all over.....
[url=http://www.contessa26moonshine.me.uk]www.contessa26moonshine.me.uk[/url]

In a perfect world I would have one like the one on Shannon's Rhiannon. Mine is just an afterthought cross piece welded to the top of the pulpit, that is backed up with some lifeline's rigged up to help with the strain. It is strong enough but always in the way in the cockpit.

My traveller could in effect be made by any good stainless place: bend some nice tubing, and then get a nice base welded on bottom, and bolt properly to transom deck.

I too liked its positioning, as I could sit on it, and it was something to hang on to, lean over, etc.!

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”