Topic: Help! I need a measurement A.S.A.P!

I am at work right now, and when I come to work I live here for two weeks, then I go home.  While I am here I am working on a project for Virago.  To move ahead with the project I need a measurement from a Contessa:  I need the the thickness of the wood trim on the inboard edge of the quarter berths that holds the cushions in place.  Not the top-to-bottom depth, I need the width - I think it's something like a half inch.  I go home on Wed. and I'd like to fit this new piece into Virago, so if any one is going to be at their boat in the near future I'd appreciate the help!  Oh ya, Virago is an '85, but I suspect this trim didn't change much over the years.

Re: Help! I need a measurement A.S.A.P!

If you come to this message, please read the one above it because this is a continuation of that....

So I found a nice little bit of mahogany (in the scrap bin!) that I think will let me build an even better piece than the one I originally planned.  What I'm trying to do is fill in the trim on the Stbd. settee along where the original table mounts (this won't make sense if your Contessa didn't come with the pedestal mount table....), so if you can measure the heigh and width of the trim, and the gap from the end of the trim to the forward end of that bunk I can make the piece I need.  I know this is a lot to ask but I am stuck here and can't get to my boat, but when I get home I won't have access to these tools and this workshop either!

After all that, never mind!  I got the measurements from a local boat whose owner showed up.

Talk about a boat owner talking to herself and figuring it out herself and answering herself, all in one lonely thread! ;-)

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Ha! That is just so true!  Any you should hear me for real!  Thanks for finding the one wandering in the desert.

Eh, no problem!  I too end up wandering like that...my favorite was just heading for the horizon in my boat, and then turning around when it got dark...never knowing what I would find or what the weather would do, but ready for anything...and yes, talking to myself and the boat the whole time!  Are you a Gemini too by any chance?!

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”