Topic: hauling company and estimate

Hi:

If I were to buy the Contessa I have my sights on I will have to move it from New England to the DC area; I sent some emails on the net asking for bits to move it by truck, but I am asking here for two things:
- can you recommend a reliable company?
- any idea what this moving costs, entails, insights, etc.?

Thanks a lot and have a great weekend.
Neko

Re: hauling company and estimate

When I moved my boat, the cost was 10cent x lenght of boat x miles to new harbor, thus $2.60/mile and this guy was recommended buy the marina I was getting the boat from.  I had a very short time on setting up this move due to work comments senting me west on a detail job.  Hope this helps. jklee

Remember YOU are paying BOTH WAYS, for the haul so with todays fuel costs it should be running .

TO get the cheapest price you need to fill his trailer BOTH WAYS.

$4-6/mile about $150-200/hr plus all fees/permits/hotels/tolls

When I did the trip, the cost was only 1-way.  I talked about this with a long-hualer out west (Nevada) and he stated the longer the trip, the cheaper the cost, around $2.00/mile (we were looking at hauling a small wildland fire engine back to PA).  There could be some miscellaneous cost, but that is the haulers request if needed.  The hauler will then look for a load on the other end and in these days with the internet, this is not a problem I am told for both the hauler or the one needing a hauler.  The only problem needs could be special permits or if item is oversized.  When I hauled my Contessa, I needed neither of them.  Remember there is a shortage of long-haulers so there is hauling needs almost every where one goes.  Just my thought.

Thanks a lot guys. I am waiting for some bids and will make some calls. Of course, any other ideas are appreciated.